Town of Birch Hills seeks Recreation Director
The Town of Birch Hills invites application for the position of Recreation Director.
We are seeking a professional, outgoing individual for a variety of duties including:
- arts, culture & recreation programming and special events
- recreational planning, development and operations
- support to the Town facilities that include a skating rink, curling rink, golf course, ball diamonds and campground.
The Recreation Director will also be responsible for developing long range plans, overseeing maintenance, operating and capital budget preparations, fostering volunteerism and ensuring policies and procedures of the Town of Birch Hills and Recreation Board are carried out.
- Ability and experience working with the pubic
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong management skills
- Strong marketing and organizational skills
- Experience with financial management and control
- Experience working with youth
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Post-secondary education in recreation, community development, leisure studies or related field is an asset
This full-time permanent position begins as soon as possible. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be based on level of education and experience.
A detailed resume and cover letter outlining experience, qualifications, education, and references must be received no later than 4:00 pm on October 5, 2018. Please submit by mail, fax or email to:
Tara Gariepy, CAO
Town of Birch Hills
BIRCH HILLS SK S0J 0G0
Phone: (306) 749-2232
Fax: (306) 749-2545
A job description is available at the Town office by contacting the above.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.