Birch Hills Arena
This artificial ice facility is located on 2nd Street and the season runs from October to end of March. There is a Skating Club which runs on Mondays and Thursdays and includes Canskate and STARSkate programs. Minor hockey registrations are beginning of September, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. There are 3 different adult recreational hockey teams. Time is available for Shinny and Public Skating. Out of Town rentals are welcome (contact the Recreation Director at 306-749-7451 off season). Justine Clayton 306-749-7989 for in season. Skating Rink phone number is 306-749-2272. Rec men’s hockey Hawkeyes – Elston Macfie 306-749-2402. Goosers – Mitch Soyland 306-749-7978. Ladies hockey Barracudes – Carole 306-749-7446.
Skating Rink Board
Town Council Rep
Sr + Rec Hockey Rep
Skating Club Rep
Member at Large
Minor Hockey Rep Alternative
Town Council Rep Alternative
Minor Hockey Rep
Ice Rental Rates
- Local Youth (Minor Hockey/Skating Club
- Local Adult Teams (Rec Teams)
- Out of Town Adult Teams
- Tournament rate for Local Groups
- Tournament Rates for out of Town Groups
- Additional Rate for after 12hrs
- Birthday Party Special - Minimum of 10 kids: includes 1hr private ice time and lobby party including Hot Dogs, Fries and Pop
- For each child over the limit of 10
- Staff Parties, Rec Games, Family Reunions
Public Skating Rates & Times
Free Public Skating for 2017/18 Season
Public Skating Times
Tuesdays/Fridays – shared ice: half sticks allowed, half no sticks allowed. – 3:30-5:30pm
Saturdays – Scrimmage encouraged – 2:00-4:00pm
Sundays – Family Skate no sticks allowed please – 2:00-4:00pm
* Other times for shinny or public skating can be opened up if there is interest. Contact the Rec office.
* Please check schedules on a regular basis as public skating times are subject to change pending ice rentals.
Help to reduce, reuse and recycle use your own mug and save .50 cents.